Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pillsbury Pie Crust

We bought this along with the Pillsbury Pizza Crust at Woodman's. I was very excited because gluten free pie crusts are not always the easiest to make, as I tend to over knead them. Jeremy warmed up the crust as you are instructed to do, because it is very crumbly otherwise. I used old pot pie tins to make smaller pies, and made two apple, and two cherry.

The best way I found to get the crust into the pie is to roll out the dough between two pieces of saran wrap, as they suggest on the container. Then peel one side off, and carefully lay it into the pie dish. Without taking the plastic off gently press the crust into the pie tin/dish. Once the crust is fully pressed into the dish slowly pull off the plastic wrap.

Overall, I liked this crust better than the pizza crust in general taste. It was also very fragile to work with, even when warm. But I think we'll probably stick to making our own. If gluten eating people ate this instead of a regular crust at a family dinner, they might be slightly disappointed. In the end, I'd say this is a good solution if you're in need a of a quick fix, but I'd stick with attempting to make your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment